Since last decade, due to advancement in technology and increasing in the electrical loads and also due to complexity of the devices the quality of power distribution is decreases. A Power quality issue is nothing but distortions in current, voltage and frequency that affect the end user equipment or disoperation; these are main problems of power quality so compensation for these problems by DPFC is presented in this paper. The control circuits for DPFC are designed by using line currents, series reference voltages and these are controlled by conventional ANN controllers. The results are observed by MATLAB/SIMULINK model.
1. Power Quality
2. Voltage Sag
4. Voltage Swell
Figure 1: Schematic Diagram for DPFC
EXPECTED SIMULATION RESULTS:
Figure 2: Output Voltage during fault condition
Figure 3: Output Current during Fault Condition
Figure 4: Output voltage compensated by DPFC Controller
Figure 5: Compensated Output Current by DPFC Controller
Figure 6: Active and Reactive Power
Figure 7: THD value of system output voltage without DPFC
Figure 8: THD value of DPFC (pi controller) load Voltage
Figure 9: THD for output voltage under ANN Controller
In this paper we implemented a concept to controlling the power quality issues i.e. DPFC. The proposed theory of this device is mathematical formulation and analysis of voltage dips and their mitigations for a three phase source with linear load. In this paper we also proposed a concept of Ann controller for better controlling action. As compared to all other facts devices the DPFC based ANN has effectively control all power quality problems and with this technique we get the THD as 3.65% and finally the simulation results are shown above.
1. Ahmad Jamshidi, S.Masoud Barakati, and M.Moradi Ghahderijani presented a paper on “Impact of Distributed Power Flow Controller to Improve Power Quality Based on Synchronous Reference Frame Method” at IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 5, October 2012.
2. Ahmad Jamshidi, S.Masoud Barakati, and Mohammad Moradi Ghahderijani posted a paper “Power Quality Improvement and Mitigation Case Study Using Distributed Power Flow Controller” on 978-1-4673-0158-9/12/$31.00 ©2012 IEEE.
3. Srinivasarao, Budi, G. Sreenivasan, and Swathi Sharma. "Comparison of Facts Controller for Power Quality Problems in Power System", Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2015.
4. J.R.Enslin, “Power mitigation problems,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Industrial Electronics (ISIE ’98), vol. 1, 1998, pp. 8– 20.
5. Srinivasarao, Budi, G. Sreenivasan, and Swathi Sharma. "Mitigation of voltage sag for power quality improvement using DPFC system", 2015 International Conference on Electrical Electronics Signals Communication and Optimization (EESCO), 2015.